1. I have loved, because the Lord will hear the voice of my prayer.
2. Because he hath inclined his ear unto me: and in my days I will call upon him.
3. The sorrows of death have encompassed me: and the perils of hell have found me. I met with trouble and sorrow:
4. and I called upon the name of the Lord. O Lord, deliver my soul.
5. The Lord is merciful and just, and our God sheweth mercy.
6. The Lord is the keeper of little ones: I was little and he delivered me.
7. Turn, O my soul, into thy rest: for the Lord hath been bountiful to thee.
8. For he hath delivered my soul from death: my eyes from tears, my feet from falling.
9. I will please the Lord in the land of the living.