1. Of understanding for David. A prayer when he was in the cave. [1 Kings
2. I cried to the Lord with my voice: with my voice I made supplication to the Lord.
3. In his sight I pour out my prayer, and before him I declare my trouble:
4. When my spirit failed me, then thou newest my paths.
5. I looked on my right hand, and beheld, and there was no one that would know me. Flight hath failed me: and there is no one that hath regard to my soul.
6. I cried to thee, O Lord: I said: Thou art my hope, my portion in the land of the living.
7. Attend to my supplication: for I am brought very low. Deliver me from my persecutors; for they are stronger than I.
8. Bring my soul out of prison, that I may praise thy name: the just wait for me, until thou reward me.