1. To the chief Musician upon Jonathelemrechokim, Michtam of David, when the Philistines took him in Gath. Be merciful unto me, O God: for man would swallow me up; he fighting daily oppresseth me.
2. Mine enemies would daily swallow [me] up: for [they be] many that fight against me, O thou most High.
3. What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee.
4. In God I will praise his word, in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me.
5. Every day they wrest my words: all their thoughts [are] against me for evil.
6. They gather themselves together, they hide themselves, they mark my steps, when they wait for my soul.
7. Shall they escape by iniquity? in [thine] anger cast down the people, O God.
8. Thou tellest my wanderings: put thou my tears into thy bottle: [are they] not in thy book?
9. When I cry [unto thee], then shall mine enemies turn back: this I know; for God [is] for me.
10. In God will I praise [his] word: in the LORD will I praise [his] word.
11. In God have I put my trust: I will not be afraid what man can do unto me.
12. Thy vows [are] upon me, O God: I will render praises unto thee.
13. For thou hast delivered my soul from death: [wilt] not [thou deliver] my feet from falling, that I may walk before God in the light of the living?