1. To the chief Musician, Maschil, [A Psalm] of David, when Doeg the Edomite came and told Saul, and said unto him, David is come to the house of Ahimelech. Why boastest thou thyself in mischief, O mighty man? the goodness of God [endureth] continually.
2. Thy tongue deviseth mischiefs; like a sharp razor, working deceitfully.
3. Thou lovest evil more than good; [and] lying rather than to speak righteousness. Selah.
4. Thou lovest all devouring words, O [thou] deceitful tongue.
5. God shall likewise destroy thee for ever, he shall take thee away, and pluck thee out of [thy] dwelling place, and root thee out of the land of the living. Selah.
6. The righteous also shall see, and fear, and shall laugh at him:
7. Lo, [this is] the man [that] made not God his strength; but trusted in the abundance of his riches, [and] strengthened himself in his wickedness.
8. But I [am] like a green olive tree in the house of God: I trust in the mercy of God for ever and ever.
9. I will praise thee for ever, because thou hast done [it]: and I will wait on thy name; for [it is] good before thy saints.