1. Blessed is the one whose sin is forgiven, whose iniquity is wiped away.
2. Blessed are those in whom the Lord sees no guilt and in whose spirit is found no deceit.
3. When I kept my sin secret, my body wasted away, I was moaning all day long.
4. Your hand day and night lay heavy upon me; draining my strength, parching my heart as in the heat of a summer drought.
5. Then I made known to you my sin and uncovered before you my fault, saying to myself, "To the Lord I will now confess my wrong." And you, you forgave my sin, you removed my guilt.
6. So let the faithful ones pray to you in time of distress; the overflowing waters will not reach them.
7. You are my refuge; you protect me from distress and surround me with songs of deliverance.
8. I will teach you, I will show you the way to follow. I will watch over you and give you counsel.
9. Do not be like the horse or the mule - senseless and led by bit and bridle.
10. Many woes befall the wicked, but the Lord's mercy enfolds those who trust in him.
11. Rejoice in the Lord, and be glad, you who are upright; sing and shout for joy, you who are clean of heart.