1. The LORD says to you, my lord: "Take your throne at my righthand, while I make your enemies your footstool."
2. The scepter of your sovereign might the LORD will extend from Zion. The LORD says: "Rule over your enemies!
3. Yours is princely power from the day of your birth. In holy splendor before the daystar, like the dew I begot you."
4. The LORD has sworn and will not waver: "Like Melchizedek you are a priest forever."
5. At your right hand is the Lord, who crushes kings on the day of wrath,
6. Who, robed in splendor, judges nations, crushes heads across the wide earth,
7. Who drinks from the brook by the wayside and thus holds high the head.