1. [For the choirmaster Of the servant of Yahweh Of David] Sin is the oracle of the wicked in the depths of his heart; there is no fear of God before his eyes.
2. He sees himself with too flattering an eye to detect and detest his guilt;
3. all he says is malicious and deceitful, he has turned his back on wisdom. To get his way
4. he hatches malicious plots even in his bed; once set on his evil course no wickedness is too much for him.
5. Yahweh, your faithful love is in the heavens, your constancy reaches to the clouds,
6. your saving justice is like towering mountains, your judgements like the mighty deep. Yahweh, you support both man and beast;
7. how precious, God, is your faithful love. So the children of Adam take refuge in the shadow of your wings.
8. They feast on the bounty of your house, you let them drink from your delicious streams;
9. in you is the source of life, by your light we see the light.
10. Maintain your faithful love to those who acknowledge you, and your saving justice to the honest of heart.
11. Do not let the foot of the arrogant overtake me or wicked hands drive me away.
12. There they have fallen, the evil-doers, flung down, never to rise again.