1. [For the choirmaster On stringed instruments Poem Of David When the Ziphites went to Saul and said,'Is not David hiding with us?'] God, save me by your name, in your power vindicate me.
2. God, hear my prayer, listen to the words I speak.
3. Arrogant men are attacking me, bullies hounding me to death, no room in their thoughts for God.Pause
4. But now God is coming to my help, the Lord, among those who sustain me.
5. May their wickedness recoil on those who lie in wait for me. Yahweh, in your constancy destroy them.
6. How gladly will I offer you sacrifice, and praise your name, for it is good,
7. for it has rescued me from all my troubles, and my eye has feasted on my enemies.