1. A psalm of David when he was in the desert of Edom.
2. O God, my God, to thee do I watch at break of day. For thee my soul hath thirsted; for thee my flesh, O how many ways!
3. In a desert land, and where there is no way, and no water: so in the sanctuary have I come before thee, to see thy power and thy glory.
4. For thy mercy is better than lives: thee my lips shall praise.
5. Thus will I bless thee all my life long: and in thy name I will lift up my hands.
6. Let my soul be filled as with marrow and fatness: and my mouth shall praise thee with joyful lips.
7. If I have remembered thee upon my bed, I will meditate on thee in the morning:
8. because thou hast been my helper. And I will rejoice under the covert of thy wings:
9. my soul hath stuck close to thee: thy right hand hath received me.
10. But they have sought my soul in vain, they shall go into the lower parts of the earth:
11. They shall be delivered into the hands of the sword, they shall be the portions of foxes.
12. But the king shall rejoice in God, all they shall be praised that swear by him: because the mouth is stopped of them that speak wicked things.