1. Then I saw in the right hand of him who was seated on the throne a scroll written on both sides, sealed with seven seals.
2. A mighty angel exclaimed in a loud voice, "Who is worthy to open this and break the seals?"
3. But no one in heaven or on earth or in the netherworld was found able to open the book and read it.
4. I wept much when I saw that no one was found worthy to open the book and read it.
5. Then one of the elders said to me, "Do not weep. Look, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Shoot of David, has conquered; he will open the book of the seven seals."
6. And I saw next to the throne with its four living creatures and the twenty-four elders a Lamb standing, although it had been slain. I saw him with seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven spirits of God sent out to all the earth.
7. The Lamb moved forward and took the book from the right hand of him who was seated on the throne.
8. When he took it, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders bowed before the Lamb. They all held in their hands harps and golden cups full of incense which are the prayers of the holy ones.
9. This is the new song they sang: You are worthy to take the book and open its seals, for you were slain and by your blood you purchased for God people of every race, language and nation;
10. and you made them a kingdom and priests for our God and they shall reign over the land.
11. I went on looking; I heard the noise of a multitude of angels gathered around the throne, the living creatures and the elders, numbering millions of millions,
12. crying out with a loud voice: Worthy is the Lamb who was slain to receive power and riches, wisdom and strength, honor, glory and praise.
13. Then I heard the voice of the whole universe, heaven, earth, sea and the place of the dead; every creature cried out: To him who sits upon the throne and to the Lamb be praise, honor, glory and power for ever and ever.
14. And the four living creatures said, Amen, while the elders bowed down and worshiped.