1. From Paul, an apostle sent not by humans nor by human mediation but by Christ Jesus and by God, the Father, who raised him from the dead;
2. I and all the brothers and sisters who are with me greet the churches in Galatia:
3. may you receive grace and peace from God our Father and from Christ Jesus our Lord.
4. He gave himself for our sins to rescue us from this evil world, in fulfillment of the will of God the Father:
5. Glory to him for ever and ever. Amen.
6. I am surprised at how quickly you have abandoned God who called you according to the grace of Christ, and have gone to another gospel.
7. Indeed, there is no other gospel, but some people who are sowing confusion among you want to turn the Gospel of Christ upside down.
8. But even if we ourselves were giving you another gospel different from the one we preached to you, or if it were an angel from heaven, I would say: fire him!
9. As I have said I now say again: if anyone preaches the Gospel in a way other than you received it, fire that one.
10. Are we to please humans or obey God? Do you think that I try to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ.
11. Let me remind you, brothers and sisters, that the Gospel we preached to you is not a human message,
12. nor did I receive it from anyone, I was not taught of it but it came to me as a revelation from Christ Jesus.
13. You have heard of my previous activity in the Jewish community; I furiously persecuted the Church of God and tried to destroy it.
14. For I was more devoted to the Jewish religion than many fellow Jews of my age, and I defended the traditions of my ancestors more fanatically.
15. But one day God called me out of his great love, he who had chosen me from my mother's womb; and he was pleased
16. to reveal in me his Son, that I might make him known among the pagan nations. Then I did not seek human advice
17. nor did I go up to Jerusalem to those who were apostles before me. I immediately went to Arabia, and from there I returned again to Damascus.
18. Later, after three years, I went up to Jerusalem to meet Cephas, and I stayed with him for fifteen days.
19. But I did not see any other apostle except James, the Lord's brother.
20. On writing this to you, I affirm before God that I am not lying.
21. After that I went to Syria and Cilicia.
22. The churches of Christ in Judea did not know me personally;
23. they had only heard of me: "He who once persecuted us is now preaching the faith he tried to uproot."
24. And they praised God because of me.