1. Yahweh spoke to Moses and said,
2. "Speak to the entire assembly of the people of Israel and say to them: Be holy for I, Yahweh, your God, am holy.
3. Each of you must revere his mother and father; and you shall keep my sabbaths; I am Yahweh, your God.
4. Do not turn to idols or make for yourselves molten gods; I am Yahweh, your God.
5. When you offer a sacrifice of peace offering to Yahweh, sacrifice it so that you may be accepted.
6. It shall be eaten on the day you offer it or on the next day. And whatever remains shall be burned on the third day.
7. If it is eaten on the third day it is unclean and will not be accepted.
8. Whoever eats it will pay for his sin, for he has profaned a holy thing of Yahweh and this person shall be cut off from his people.
9. When you reap the harvest of your land do not reap to the extreme limits of your field or gather the gleanings after your harvest.
10. Do not strip your vineyard bare and do not gather the grapes that have fallen; leave them for the needy and the stranger. I am Yahweh, your God.
11. Do not steal or lie or deceive one another.
12. Do not swear falsely by my name so as to profane the name of your God; I am Yahweh.
13. Do not oppress your neighbor or rob him. The wages of a hired man are not to remain with you all night until morning.
14. You shall not curse a deaf man nor put a stumbling block in the way of the blind; but you shall fear your God; I am Yahweh.
15. Do not pervert justice; do not show partiality to the poor nor bow to the great; you are to judge your neighbor fairly so as not to share in his guilt.
16. Do not go about as a slanderer of your people and do not seek the death of your neighbor; I am Yahweh.
17. Do not hate your brother in your heart; rebuke your neighbor frankly so as not to share in his guilt.
18. Do not seek revenge or nurture a grudge against one of your people, but love your neighbor as yourself; I am Yahweh.
19. Keep my practices. You shall not let your cattle breed with another kind. You shall not sow your field with two kinds of seed and you shall not wear clothing made of two different materials.
20. If a man lies with a woman who is a slave promised to another man, and she has not been ransomed or given her freedom, there shall be punishment. They shall not be put to death because she was not free,
21. but he shall bring a ram as a guilt offering to Yahweh for himself, to the door of the Tent of Meeting.
22. The priest is to make atonement for him before Yahweh with the ram of the guilt offering, and the sin he has committed will be forgiven.
23. When you enter the land and plant all kinds of trees for food, you shall count the fruit as unclean. For three years it shall be unclean for you and it must not be eaten.
24. In the fourth year all the fruit shall be holy, an offering of praise to the Lord.
25. But in the fifth year you may eat of the fruit, that its yield may increase for you. I am Yahweh, your God.
26. Do not eat anything over the blood nor practice divination or astrology.
27. Do not round off the side-growth of your heads or clip off the edges of your beard.
28. Do not make cuttings in your flesh on account of the dead or make tattoo marks on yourselves. I am Yahweh.
29. You shall not profane your daughter by making her a prostitute, lest the land turn to prostitution and be filled with wickedness.
30. Keep my sabbaths and revere my sanctuary. I am Yahweh.
31. Do not turn to mediums or spiritists for you will be defiled by them. I am Yahweh, your God.
32. Rise in the presence of the aged and honor the elderly; in doing this you honor your God. I am Yahweh.
33. When a stranger stays with you in your land, do him no wrong.
34. He shall be to you as the native among you. Love him as yourself for you have been strangers in the land of Egypt. I am Yahweh, your God.
35. Do no wrong in judgment or in measure or weight or quantity.
36. Use honest scales and honest weights and exact containers. I am Yahweh, your God who brought you out of the land of Egypt.
37. You shall keep all my laws and all my practices and follow them. I am Yahweh."