1. I saw a scroll in the right hand of the one who sat on the throne. It had writing on both sides and was sealed with seven seals.
2. Then I saw a mighty angel who proclaimed in a loud voice, "Who is worthy to open the scroll and break its seals?"
3. But no one in heaven or on earth or under the earth was able to open the scroll or to examine it.
4. I shed many tears because no one was found worthy to open the scroll or to examine it.
5. One of the elders said to me, "Do not weep. The lion of the tribe of Judah, the root of David, has triumphed, enabling him to open the scroll with its seven seals."
6. Then I saw standing in the midst of the throne and the four living creatures and the elders, a Lamb that seemed to have been slain. He had seven horns and seven eyes; these are the (seven) spirits of God sent out into the whole world.
7. He came and received the scroll from the right hand of the one who sat on the throne.
8. When he took it, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb. Each of the elders held a harp and gold bowls filled with incense, which are the prayers of the holy ones.
9. They sang a new hymn: "Worthy are you to receive the scroll and to break open its seals, for you were slain and with your blood you purchased for God those from every tribe and tongue, people and nation.
10. You made them a kingdom and priests for our God, and they will reign on earth."
11. I looked again and heard the voices of many angels who surrounded the throne and the living creatures and the elders. They were countless in number,
12. and they cried out in a loud voice: "Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power and riches, wisdom and strength, honor and glory and blessing."
13. Then I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and in the sea, everything in the universe, cry out: "To the one who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be blessing and honor, glory and might, forever and ever."
14. The four living creatures answered, "Amen," and the elders fell down and worshiped.