1. I charge you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus who is to judge the living and the dead, and by his appearing and his kingdom:
2. preach the word, be urgent in season and out of season, convince, rebuke, and exhort, be unfailing in patience and in teaching.
3. For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own likings,
4. and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander into myths.
5. As for you, always be steady, endure suffering, do the work of an evangelist, fulfil your ministry.
6. For I am already on the point of being sacrificed; the time of my departure has come.
7. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.
8. Henceforth there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will award to me on that Day, and not only to me but also to all who have loved his appearing.
9. Do your best to come to me soon.
10. For Demas, in love with this present world, has deserted me and gone to Thessaloni'ca; Crescens has gone to Galatia, Titus to Dalmatia.
11. Luke alone is with me. Get Mark and bring him with you; for he is very useful in serving me.
12. Tych'icus I have sent to Ephesus.
13. When you come, bring the cloak that I left with Carpus at Tro'as, also the books, and above all the parchments.
14. Alexander the coppersmith did me great harm; the Lord will requite him for his deeds.
15. Beware of him yourself, for he strongly opposed our message.
16. At my first defense no one took my part; all deserted me. May it not be charged against them!
17. But the Lord stood by me and gave me strength to proclaim the message fully, that all the Gentiles might hear it. So I was rescued from the lion's mouth.
18. The Lord will rescue me from every evil and save me for his heavenly kingdom. To him be the glory for ever and ever. Amen.
19. Greet Prisca and Aq'uila, and the household of Onesiph'orus.
20. Eras'tus remained at Corinth; Troph'imus I left ill at Mile'tus.
21. Do your best to come before winter. Eubu'lus sends greetings to you, as do Pudens and Linus and Claudia and all the brethren.
22. The Lord be with your spirit. Grace be with you.