1. After this, I looked up to the wall of the sky and saw an open door. The voice which I had first heard speaking to me like a trumpet said, "Come up here and I will show you what will come in the future."
2. Immediately I was seized by the Spirit. There, in heaven, was a throne and one sitting on it.
3. He who sat there looked like jasper and carnelian and round the throne was a rainbow resembling an emerald.
4. In a circle around the throne are twenty-four thrones and seated on these are twenty-four elders, dressed in white clothes, with golden crowns on their heads.
5. Flashes of lightning come forth from the throne, with voices and thunderclaps. Seven flaming torches burn before the throne; these are the seven spirits of God.
6. Before the throne there is a platform, transparent like crystal. Around and beside the throne stand four living creatures, full of eyes, both in front and behind.
7. The first living creature is like a lion, the second like a bull, the third has the face of a man and the fourth looks like a flying eagle.
8. Each of the four living creatures has six wings full of eyes, all around as well as within; day and night they sing without ceasing, Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God, master of the universe, who was, and is and is to come.
9. Whenever the living creatures give glory, honor and thanks to the One on the throne, he who lives for ever and ever,
10. the twenty-four elders fall down before him and worship the One who lives for ever and ever. They lay their crowns in front of the throne and say,
11. Our Lord and God, worthy are you to receive glory, honor and power! For you have created all things; by your will they came to be and were made.