1. Then I heard a loud voice from the temple telling the seven angels, "Go and pour out on the earth the seven bowls of the wrath of God."
2. So the first angel went and poured his bowl on the earth, and foul and evil sores came upon the men who bore the mark of the beast and worshiped its image.
3. The second angel poured his bowl into the sea, and it became like the blood of a dead man, and every living thing died that was in the sea.
4. The third angel poured his bowl into the rivers and the fountains of water, and they became blood.
5. And I heard the angel of water say, "Just art thou in these thy judgments, thou who art and wast, O Holy One.
6. For men have shed the blood of saints and prophets, and thou hast given them blood to drink. It is their due!"
7. And I heard the altar cry, "Yea, Lord God the Almighty, true and just are thy judgments!"
8. The fourth angel poured his bowl on the sun, and it was allowed to scorch men with fire;
9. men were scorched by the fierce heat, and they cursed the name of God who had power over these plagues, and they did not repent and give him glory.
10. The fifth angel poured his bowl on the throne of the beast, and its kingdom was in darkness; men gnawed their tongues in anguish
11. and cursed the God of heaven for their pain and sores, and did not repent of their deeds.
12. The sixth angel poured his bowl on the great river Euphra'tes, and its water was dried up, to prepare the way for the kings from the east.
13. And I saw, issuing from the mouth of the dragon and from the mouth of the beast and from the mouth of the false prophet, three foul spirits like frogs;
14. for they are demonic spirits, performing signs, who go abroad to the kings of the whole world, to assemble them for battle on the great day of God the Almighty.
15. ("Lo, I am coming like a thief! Blessed is he who is awake, keeping his garments that he may not go naked and be seen exposed!")
16. And they assembled them at the place which is called in Hebrew Armaged'don.
17. The seventh angel poured his bowl into the air, and a loud voice came out of the temple, from the throne, saying, "It is done!"
18. And there were flashes of lightning, voices, peals of thunder, and a great earthquake such as had never been since men were on the earth, so great was that earthquake.
19. The great city was split into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell, and God remembered great Babylon, to make her drain the cup of the fury of his wrath.
20. And every island fled away, and no mountains were to be found;
21. and great hailstones, heavy as a hundred-weight, dropped on men from heaven, till men cursed God for the plague of the hail, so fearful was that plague.