1. Jesus left the temple and was going away, when his disciples came to point out to him the buildings of the temple.
2. But he answered them, "You see all these, do you not? Truly, I say to you, there will not be left here one stone upon another, that will not be thrown down."
3. As he sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately, saying, "Tell us, when will this be, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the close of the age?"
4. And Jesus answered them, "Take heed that no one leads you astray.
5. For many will come in my name, saying, `I am the Christ,' and they will lead many astray.
6. And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars; see that you are not alarmed; for this must take place, but the end is not yet.
7. For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be famines and earthquakes in various places:
8. all this is but the beginning of the birth-pangs.
9. "Then they will deliver you up to tribulation, and put you to death; and you will be hated by all nations for my name's sake.
10. And then many will fall away, and betray one another, and hate one another.
11. And many false prophets will arise and lead many astray.
12. And because wickedness is multiplied, most men's love will grow cold.
13. But he who endures to the end will be saved.
14. And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached throughout the whole world, as a testimony to all nations; and then the end will come.
15. "So when you see the desolating sacrilege spoken of by the prophet Daniel, standing in the holy place (let the reader understand),
16. then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains;
17. let him who is on the housetop not go down to take what is in his house;
18. and let him who is in the field not turn back to take his mantle.
19. And alas for those who are with child and for those who give suck in those days!
20. Pray that your flight may not be in winter or on a sabbath.
21. For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been from the beginning of the world until now, no, and never will be.
22. And if those days had not been shortened, no human being would be saved; but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened.
23. Then if any one says to you, `Lo, here is the Christ!' or `There he is!' do not believe it.
24. For false Christs and false prophets will arise and show great signs and wonders, so as to lead astray, if possible, even the elect.
25. Lo, I have told you beforehand.
26. So, if they say to you, `Lo, he is in the wilderness,' do not go out; if they say, `Lo, he is in the inner rooms,' do not believe it.
27. For as the lightning comes from the east and shines as far as the west, so will be the coming of the Son of man.
28. Wherever the body is, there the eagles will be gathered together.
29. "Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken;
30. then will appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory;
31. and he will send out his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
32. "From the fig tree learn its lesson: as soon as its branch becomes tender and puts forth its leaves, you know that summer is near.
33. So also, when you see all these things, you know that he is near, at the very gates.
34. Truly, I say to you, this generation will not pass away till all these things take place.
35. Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away.
36. "But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only.
37. As were the days of Noah, so will be the coming of the Son of man.
38. For as in those days before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day when Noah entered the ark,
39. and they did not know until the flood came and swept them all away, so will be the coming of the Son of man.
40. Then two men will be in the field; one is taken and one is left.
41. Two women will be grinding at the mill; one is taken and one is left.
42. Watch therefore, for you do not know on what day your Lord is coming.
43. But know this, that if the householder had known in what part of the night the thief was coming, he would have watched and would not have let his house be broken into.
44. Therefore you also must be ready; for the Son of man is coming at an hour you do not expect.
45. "Who then is the faithful and wise servant, whom his master has set over his household, to give them their food at the proper time?
46. Blessed is that servant whom his master when he comes will find so doing.
47. Truly, I say to you, he will set him over all his possessions.
48. But if that wicked servant says to himself, `My master is delayed,'
49. and begins to beat his fellow servants, and eats and drinks with the drunken,
50. the master of that servant will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour he does not know,
51. and will punish him, and put him with the hypocrites; there men will weep and gnash their teeth.