1. Take off the garment of your sorrow and affliction, O Jerusalem, and put on for ever the beauty of the glory from God.
2. Put on the robe of the righteousness from God; put on your head the diadem of the glory of the Everlasting.
3. For God will show your splendor everywhere under heaven.
4. For your name will for ever be called by God, "Peace of righteousness and glory of godliness."
5. Arise, O Jerusalem, stand upon the height and look toward the east, and see your children gathered from west and east, at the word of the Holy One, rejoicing that God has remembered them.
6. For they went forth from you on foot, led away by their enemies; but God will bring them back to you, carried in glory, as on a royal throne.
7. For God has ordered that every high mountain and the everlasting hills be made low and the valleys filled up, to make level ground, so that Israel may walk safely in the glory of God.
8. The woods and every fragrant tree have shaded Israel at God's command.
9. For God will lead Israel with joy, in the light of his glory, with the mercy and righteousness that come from him.