1. [For the choirmaster Tune: 'Do not destroy' Of David In a quiet voice When he escaped from Saul in the cave] Take pity on me, God, take pity on me, for in you I take refuge, in the shadow of your wings I take refuge, until the destruction is past.
2. I call to God the Most High, to God who has done everything for me;
3. may he send from heaven and save me, and check those who harry me;Pause may God send his faithful love and his constancy.
4. I lie surrounded by lions, greedy for human prey, their teeth are spears and arrows, their tongue a sharp sword.
5. Be exalted above the heavens, God! Your glory over all the earth!
6. They laid a snare in my path -- I was bowed with care -- they dug a pit ahead of me, but fell in it themselves.Pause
7. My heart is ready, God, my heart is ready; I will sing, and make music for you.
8. Awake, my glory, awake, lyre and harp, that I may awake the Dawn.
9. I will praise you among the peoples, Lord, I will make music for you among nations,
10. for your faithful love towers to heaven, your constancy to the clouds.
11. Be exalted above the heavens, God! Your glory over all the earth!