1. The LORD said to Moses,
2. "Give the Israelites this order: When you enter the land of Canaan, this is the territory that shall fall to you as your heritage--the land of Canaan with its boundaries:
3. "Your southern boundary shall be at the desert of Zin along the border of Edom; on the east it shall begin at the end of the Salt Sea,
4. and turning south of the Akrabbim Pass, it shall cross Zin, and extend south of Kadesh-barnea to Hazar-addar; thence it shall cross to Azmon,
5. and turning from Azmon to the Wadi of Egypt, shall terminate at the Sea.
6. "For your western boundary you shall have the Great Sea with its coast; this shall be your western boundary.
7. "The following shall be your boundary on the north: from the Great Sea you shall draw a line to Mount Hor,
8. and shall continue it from Mount Hor to Labo in the land of Hamath, with the boundary extending through Zedad.
9. Thence the boundary shall reach to Ziphron and terminate at Hazar-enan. This shall be your northern boundary.
10. "For your eastern boundary you shall draw a line from Hazar-enan to Shepham.
11. From Shepham the boundary shall go down to Ar-Baal, east of Ain, and descending further, shall strike the ridge on the east side of the Sea of Chinnereth;
12. thence the boundary shall continue along the Jordan and terminate with the Salt Sea. "This is the land that shall be yours, with the boundaries that surround it."
13. Moses also gave this order to the Israelites: "This is the land, to be apportioned among you by lot, which the LORD has commanded to be given to the nine and one half tribes.
14. For all the ancestral houses of the tribe of Reuben, and the ancestral houses of the tribe of Gad, as well as half of the tribe of Manasseh, have already received their heritage;
15. these two and one half tribes have received their heritage on the eastern side of the Jericho stretch of the Jordan, toward the sunrise."
16. The LORD said to Moses,
17. "These are the names of the men who shall apportion the land among you: Eleazar the priest, and Joshua, son of Nun,
18. and one prince from each of the tribes whom you shall designate for this task.
19. These shall be as follows: from the tribe of Judah: Caleb, son of Jephunneh,
20. from the tribe of Simeon: Samuel, son of Ammihud;
21. from the tribe of Benjamin: Elidad, son of Chislon;
22. from the tribe of Dan: Bukki, son of Jogli;
23. from the tribe of Manasseh: Hanniel, son of Ephod; and
24. from the tribe of Ephraim: Kemuel, son of Shiphtan, for the descendants of Joseph;
25. from the tribe of Zebulun: Elizaphan, son of Parnach;
26. from the tribe of Issachar: Paltiel, son of Azzan;
27. from the tribe of Asher: Ahihud, son of Shelomi;
28. from the tribe of Naphtali: Pedahel, son of Ammihud."
29. These are they whom the LORD commanded to assign the Israelites their heritage in the land of Canaan.