1. These are the descendants of Noah's sons. Shem, Ham and Japheth; these are their sons who were born after the flood.
2. Japheth's sons: Gomer, Magog, the Medes, Javan, Tubal, Meshech, Tiras.
3. Gomer's sons: Ashkenaz, Riphath, Togarmah.
4. Javan's sons: Elishah, Tarshish, the Kittim, the Dananites.
5. These were dispersed and peopled the islands of the nations. These were Japheth's sons, according to their countries and each of their languages, according to their tribes and their nations.
6. Ham's sons: Cush, Misraim, Put, Canaan.
7. Cush's sons: Seba, Havilah, Sabtah, Raamah, Sabteca. Raamah's sons: Sheba, Dedan.
8. Cush became the father of Nimrod who was the first great ruler on earth.
9. He was a mighty hunter in the eyes of Yahweh, hence the saying, "Like Nimrod, a mighty hunter in the eyes of Yahweh."
10. The beginning of his empire was Babel, with Erech and Accad, all of them in the land of Shinar.
11. From this country came Ashur, the builder of Niniveh, Rehoboth-ir, Calah,
12. and Resen between Niniveh and Calah (this is the great city).
13. Misraim became the father of the people of Lud, of Anam, Lehab, Naphtuh,
14. Pathros, Cusluh and Capthor, from which the Philistines came.
15. Canaan became the father of Sidon, his firstborn, the Hittites,
16. and the Jebusites, the Amorites, Girgashites,
17. Hivites, Arkites, Sinites,
18. Arvadites, Zemarites, Hamathites; later the Canaanite tribes scattered.
19. The Canaanite frontier stretched from Sidon in the direction of Sodom, Gomorrah, Admah and Zeboim, and as far as Lesha.
20. These were Ham's sons, according to their tribes and languages, according to their countries and nations.
21. There were also children born to Shem, the ancestor of all the sons of Eber, who are the Hebrews, and the elder brother of Japheth.
22. Shem's sons: Elam, Asshur, Arpachshad, Lud, Aram.
23. Aram's sons: Uz, Hul, Gether and Mash.
24. Arpachshad became the father of Shelah, and Shelah became the father of Eber.
25. To Eber were born two sons: the first was called Peleg, because it was in his time that the earth was divided; and his brother was called Joktan.
26. Joktan became the father of Almodad, Sheleph, Hazarmaveth, Jerah,
27. Hadoram, Uzal, Diklah,
28. Obal, Abimael, Sheba,
29. Ophir, Havilah, Jobab; all these are sons of Joktan.
30. They occupied a stretch of country from Mesh in the direction of Sephar, to the eastern mountain range.
31. These were Shem's sons, according to their tribes and languages, and according to their countries and nations.
32. These were the tribes of Noah's sons, according to their descendants and their nations. From these came the dispersal of the nations over the earth, after the flood.