1. On that day they will sing this song in the land of Judah: "A strong city have we; he sets up walls and ramparts to protect us.
2. Open up the gates to let in a nation that is just, one that keeps faith.
3. A nation of firm purpose you keep in peace; in peace, for its trust in you."
4. Trust in the LORD forever! For the LORD is an eternal Rock.
5. He humbles those in high places, and the lofty city he brings down; He tumbles it to the ground, levels it with the dust.
6. It is trampled underfoot by the needy, by the footsteps of the poor.
7. The way of the just is smooth; the path of the just you make level.
8. Yes, for your way and your judgments, O LORD, we look to you; Your name and your title are the desire of our souls.
9. My soul yearns for you in the night, yes, my spirit within me keeps vigil for you; When your judgment dawns upon the earth, the world's inhabitants learn justice.
10. The wicked man, spared, does not learn justice; in an upright land he acts perversely, and sees not the majesty of the LORD.
11. O LORD, your hand is uplifted, but they behold it not; Let them be shamed when they see your zeal for your people: let the fire prepared for your enemies consume them.
12. O LORD, you mete out peace to us, for it is you who have accomplished all we have done.
13. O LORD, our God, other lords than you have ruled us; it is from you only that we can call upon your name.
14. Dead they are, they have no life, shades that cannot rise; For you have punished and destroyed them, and wiped out all memory of them.
15. You have increased the nation, O LORD, increased the nation to your own glory, and extended far all the borders of the land.
16. O LORD, oppressed by your punishment, we cried out in anguish under your chastising.
17. As a woman about to give birth writhes and cries out in her pains, so were we in your presence, O LORD.
18. We conceived and writhed in pain, giving birth to wind; Salvation we have not achieved for the earth, the inhabitants of the world cannot bring it forth.
19. But your dead shall live, their corpses shall rise; awake and sing, you who lie in the dust. For your dew is a dew of light, and the land of shades gives birth.
20. Go, my people, enter your chambers, and close your doors behind you; Hide yourselves for a brief moment, until the wrath is past.
21. See, the LORD goes forth from his place, to punish the wickedness of the earth's inhabitants; The earth will reveal the blood upon her, and no longer conceal her slain.