1. Miriam and Aaron spoke against Moses because of the Cushite woman whom he had married, for he had married a Cushite woman;
2. and they said, "Has the LORD indeed spoken only through Moses? Has he not spoken through us also?" And the LORD heard it.
3. Now the man Moses was very meek, more than all men that were on the face of the earth.
4. And suddenly the LORD said to Moses and to Aaron and Miriam, "Come out, you three, to the tent of meeting." And the three of them came out.
5. And the LORD came down in a pillar of cloud, and stood at the door of the tent, and called Aaron and Miriam; and they both came forward.
6. And he said, "Hear my words: If there is a prophet among you, I the LORD make myself known to him in a vision, I speak with him in a dream.
7. Not so with my servant Moses; he is entrusted with all my house.
8. With him I speak mouth to mouth, clearly, and not in dark speech; and he beholds the form of the LORD. Why then were you not afraid to speak against my servant Moses?"
9. And the anger of the LORD was kindled against them, and he departed;
10. and when the cloud removed from over the tent, behold, Miriam was leprous, as white as snow. And Aaron turned towards Miriam, and behold, she was leprous.
11. And Aaron said to Moses, "Oh, my lord, do not punish us because we have done foolishly and have sinned.
12. Let her not be as one dead, of whom the flesh is half consumed when he comes out of his mother's womb."
13. And Moses cried to the LORD, "Heal her, O God, I beseech thee."
14. But the LORD said to Moses, "If her father had but spit in her face, should she not be shamed seven days? Let her be shut up outside the camp seven days, and after that she may be brought in again."
15. So Miriam was shut up outside the camp seven days; and the people did not set out on the march till Miriam was brought in again.
16. After that the people set out from Haze'roth, and encamped in the wilderness of Paran.