1 Chronicles, 13
1. David consulted with the commanders of thousands and of hundreds, with every leader.
2. And David said to all the assembly of Israel, "If it seems good to you, and if it is the will of the LORD our God, let us send abroad to our brethren who remain in all the land of Israel, and with them to the priests and Levites in the cities that have pasture lands, that they may come together to us.
3. Then let us bring again the ark of our God to us; for we neglected it in the days of Saul."
4. All the assembly agreed to do so, for the thing was right in the eyes of all the people.
5. So David assembled all Israel from the Shihor of Egypt to the entrance of Hamath, to bring the ark of God from Kir'iath-je'arim.
6. And David and all Israel went up to Ba'alah, that is, to Kir'iath-je'arim which belongs to Judah, to bring up from there the ark of God, which is called by the name of the LORD who sits enthroned above the cherubim.
7. And they carried the ark of God upon a new cart, from the house of Abin'adab, and Uzzah and Ahi'o were driving the cart.
8. And David and all Israel were making merry before God with all their might, with song and lyres and harps and tambourines and cymbals and trumpets.
9. And when they came to the threshing floor of Chidon, Uzzah put out his hand to hold the ark, for the oxen stumbled.
10. And the anger of the LORD was kindled against Uzzah; and he smote him because he put forth his hand to the ark; and he died there before God.
11. And David was angry because the LORD had broken forth upon Uzzah; and that place is called Pe'rez-uz'za to this day.
12. And David was afraid of God that day; and he said, "How can I bring the ark of God home to me?"
13. So David did not take the ark home into the city of David, but took it aside to the house of O'bed-e'dom the Gittite.
14. And the ark of God remained with the household of O'bed-e'dom in his house three months; and the LORD blessed the household of O'bed-e'dom and all that he had.