1. My son,do not forget my instruction, my commands; keep them in your heart.
2. For they will bring you length of days, years of life and peace.
3. Let loyalty and kindness never leave you; tie them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart,
4. that you may find favor and a good name in the eyes of God and man.
5. Trust in Yahweh with all your heart; do not rely on your own insight.
6. Let his presence pervade all your ways and he will protect your foot from the snare.
7. Do not consider yourself wise, fear God, and turn away from evil.
8. This will be a medicine to your body and a relief to your bones.
9. Honor Yahweh, giving him from what you have, the first fruits of all your produce.
10. Then your barns will be filled to overflowing, your vats will brim over with wine.
11. My son, do not scorn the discipline of Yahweh; do not ignore his correction.
12. For Yahweh corrects those he loves, as a father does his beloved son.
13. Happy the one who finds wisdom and gains insight.
14. For she is of more value than silver and more useful than gold.
15. She is more precious than pearls; nothing you could wish for would compare with her.
16. With her right hand she offers you length of days, with her left, riches and glory.
17. She leads you through delightful ways; all her roads are peace.
18. She is a tree of life for those who clasp her; those who possess her are happy.
19. It is by his wisdom that Yahweh founded the earth; by his understanding that he made firm the heavens.
20. By his knowledge the depths were scooped out, and the clouds rained down dew.
21. My son, hold on to sound judgment and discretion and do not let them out of your sight.
22. They will give life to your inner self, and adorn your neck.
23. Then you can go your way safely and your foot will not stumble.
24. You will have no fear when you lie down and your sleep will be peaceful.
25. You will not fear sudden terror or the attack of evildoers.
26. For Yahweh is at your side and he guards your steps from the snare.
27. Do not hold back from those who ask your help, when it is in your power to do it.
28. Do not say to your neighbor, "Go away! Come another time; tomorrow I will give it to you!" when you can help him now.
29. Do not plot evil against your neighbor who lives trustingly beside you,
30. nor fight a man without cause when he has done you no wrong.
31. Do not envy the man of violence or follow his example.
32. For Yahweh hates the wicked but guides the honest.
33. He curses the house of the evildoer but blesses the home of the upright.
34. If there are mockers, he mocks them in turn but he shows his favor to the humble. The wise will possess his glory while the foolish will inherit disgrace.