1. Thus says Yahweh to his anointed one, to Cyrus whom, he says, I have grasped by his right hand, to make the nations bow before him and to disarm kings, to open gateways before him so that their gates be closed no more:
2. I myself shall go before you, I shall level the heights, I shall shatter the bronze gateways, I shall smash the iron bars.
3. I shall give you secret treasures and hidden hoards of wealth, so that you will know that I am Yahweh, who call you by your name, the God of Israel.
4. It is for the sake of my servant Jacob and of Israel my chosen one, that I have called you by your name, have given you a title though you do not know me.
5. I am Yahweh, and there is no other, there is no other God except me. Though you do not know me, I have armed you
6. so that it may be known from east to west that there is no one except me. I am Yahweh, and there is no other,
7. I form the light and I create the darkness, I make well-being, and I create disaster, I, Yahweh, do all these things.
8. Rain down, you heavens, from above, and let the clouds pour down saving justice, let the earth open up and blossom with salvation, and let justice sprout with it; I, Yahweh, have created it!
9. Woe to anyone who argues with his Maker, one earthenware pot among many! Does the clay say to its potter, 'What are you doing? Your work has no hands!'
10. Woe to anyone who asks a father, 'Why are you begetting?' and a woman, 'Why are you giving birth?'
11. Thus says Yahweh, the Holy One of Israel and his Maker: I am asked for signs regarding my sons, I am given orders about the work I do.
12. It was I who made the earth and I created human beings on it, mine were the hands that spread out the heavens and I have given the orders to all their array.
13. I myself have raised him in saving justice and I shall make all paths level for him. He will rebuild my city and bring my exiles home without ransom or indemnity, says Yahweh Sabaoth.
14. Thus says Yahweh: The produce of Egypt, the commerce of Cush and the men of Seba, tall of stature, will come over to you and belong to you. They will follow you, walking in chains, they will bow before you, they will pray to you, 'With you alone is God, ad there is no other! The gods do not exist.'
15. Truly, you are a God who conceals himself, God of Israel, Saviour!
16. They are shamed and humbled, every one of them, humiliated they go, the makers of idols.
17. Israel will be saved by Yahweh, saved everlastingly. You will never be ashamed or humiliated for ever and ever.
18. For thus says Yahweh, the Creator of the heavens -- he is God, who shaped the earth and made it, who set it firm; he did not create it to be chaos, he formed it to be lived in: I am Yahweh, and there is no other.
19. I have not spoken in secret, in some dark corner of the underworld. I did not say, 'Offspring of Jacob, search for me in chaos!' I am Yahweh: I proclaim saving justice, I say what is true.
20. Assemble, come, all of you gather round, survivors of the nations. They have no knowledge, those who parade their wooden idols and pray to a god that cannot save.
21. Speak up, present your case, let them put their heads together! Who foretold this in the past, who revealed it long ago? Was it not I, Yahweh? There is no other god except me, no saving God, no Saviour except me!
22. Turn to me and you will be saved, all you ends of the earth, for I am God, and there is no other.
23. By my own self I swear it; what comes from my mouth is saving justice, it is an irrevocable word: All shall bend the knee to me, by me every tongue shall swear,
24. saying, 'In Yahweh alone are saving justice and strength,' until all those who used to rage at him come to him in shame.
25. In Yahweh the whole race of Israel finds justice and glory.