1. Put off, O Jerusalem, the garment of thy mourning, and affliction: and put on the beauty, and honour of that everlasting glory which thou hast from God.
2. God will clothe thee with the double garment of justice, and will set a crown on thy head of everlasting honour.
3. For God will shew his brightness in thee, to every one under heaven.
4. For thy name shall be named to thee by God for ever: the peace of justice, and honour of piety.
5. Arise, O Jerusalem, and stand on high: and look about towards the east, and behold thy children gathered together from the rising to the setting sun, by the word of the Holy One rejoicing in the remembrance of God.
6. For they went out from thee on foot, led by the enemies: but the Lord will bring them to thee exalted with honour as children of the kingdom.
7. For God hath appointed to bring down every high mountain, and the everlasting rocks, and to fill up the valleys to make them even with the ground: that Israel may walk diligently to the honour of God.
8. Moreover the woods, and every sweet-smelling tree have overshadowed Israel by the commandment of God.
9. For God will bring Israel with joy in the light of his majesty, with mercy, and justice, that cometh from him.