1. At the time of Amraphel king of Shinar, Arioch king of Ellasar, Chedorlaomer king of Elam, and Tidal king of Goiim,
2. these kings made war on Bera king of Sodom, Birsha king of Gomorrah, Shinab king of Admah, Shemeber king of Zeboiim and the king of Bela (that is, Zoar).
3. All these joined forces in the valley of Siddim (that is the Salt Sea).
4. Twelve years they had been dominated by Chedorlaomer, but in the thirteenth year they rebelled.
5. In the fourteenth year, Chedorlaomer and the king who were his allies, came and fought and subdued the Rephaim in Ashteroth-karnaim, the Zuzim in Ham, the Emin in Shaveh-kiriathaim
6. and the Horites in their Mount Seir as far as Elparan which is near the desert.
7. They then turned back and came to the Spring of Judgment (that is, Kadesh) and subdued all the country of the Amalekites, as well as that of the Amorites who lived in Hazazontamar.
8. Then the king of Sodom, the king of Gomorrah, the king of Admah, the king of Zeboiim and the king of Bela (that is, Zoar) went out and took up battle positions in the valley of Siddim
9. against Chedorlaomer king of Elam, Tidal king of Goiim, Amraphel king of Shinar and Arioch king of Ellasar; four kings against five.
10. Now there were many bitumen pits in the valley of Siddim, and as the kings of Sodom and Gomorrah fled, some fell into them and the rest took refuge in the mountains.
11. The enemy took all the possessions of Sodom and Gomorrah, all their provisions and went off.
12. They also took Lot, the son of Abram's brother, who lived in Sodom, and his possessions and went off.
13. One who escaped came to tell Abram the Hebrew, who was living by the oak of Mamre the Amorite, the brother of Eshcol and of Aner: these were allies of Abram.
14. As soon as Abram heard that his brother had been taken away captive, he assembled and led forth his trained men born in his house, three hundred and eighteen men and set off in pursuit as far as Dan.
15. He grouped his forces against them by night, he and his servants, and routed and followed them to Hobah, north of Damascus.
16. Then he brought back all his possessions, his kinsman Lot and his possessions, together with the women and the people.
17. On his return after defeating Chedorlaomer and the kings who were his allies, the king of Sodom came out to meet him in the valley of Shaveh (that is the Valley of the King).
18. Then Melchizedek, king of Salem, brought bread and wine; he was a priest of God Most High,
19. and he blessed Abram saying, "Blessed be Abram by God Most High, maker of heaven and earth!
20. And blessed be God Most High who has delivered your enemies into your hands!" And Abram gave him a tenth part of everything.
21. The king of Sodom said to Abram, "Give me the people and keep the goods for yourself."
22. Abram said to the king of Sodom, "I raise my hand to Yahweh God Most High, creator of heaven and earth, to swear
23. that not one thread or thong of a sandal, or anything that is yours, would I take. Lest you say, 'Abram became rich at my expense,'
24. I claim nothing for myself! Only what the young men have eaten and the share that is due to Aner, Eshcol and Mamre, the men who came with me."