1. The angel who talked with me returned and shook me as one does to wake another from sleep.
2. He asked, "What do you see?" I answered, "I see a lampstand all of gold, with a bowl on top. On the stand are seven lamps and there are seven pipes to feed them.
3. There are also two olive trees, one at the right of the bowl and another at the left."
4. I asked the angel, "What are these, my Lord?"
5. He replied with a question, "Don't you know what they are?" I answered, "No, my Lord."
6. This is a word of Yahweh for Zerubbabel, "Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit."
7. "What are you, O mighty mountains? You will be leveled before Zerubbabel. He will quarry from you to the last stone which crowns the Temple amid shouts of: blessing, blessing on it!"
8. The word of Yahweh then came to me,
9. "The hands of Zerubbabel have laid the foundation of this House; his hands also shall finish it. (Then you will know that Yahweh Sabaoth has sent me to you.)
10. Perhaps the beginning seems a small thing to you, yet you will rejoice on that day to see the crowning stone in the hands of Zerubbabel."
10. He explained, "These seven are the eyes of Yahweh which range throughout the earth."
11. I asked the angel, "What are these two olive trees to the right and left of the lampstand?"
13. His reply was a question. "Don't you know what these are?" I answered, "No, my Lord."
14. He said, "These are the two anointed with fresh oil, who serve the Lord of the whole earth."