1. When the Lamb opened the seventh seal there was silence in heaven for about half an hour.
2. Then I looked at the seven angels standing before God who were given seven trumpets.
3. Another angel came and stood before the altar of incense with a golden censer. He was given much incense to be offered with the prayers of all the holy ones, on the golden altar before the throne;
4. and the cloud of incense rose with the prayers of the holy ones from the hands of the angel to the presence of God.
5. Then the angel took the censer and filled it with burning coals from the altar, and threw them on the earth: and there came thunder, lightning and earthquakes.
6. The seven angels with the seven trumpets prepared to sound them.
7. When the first angel blew his trumpet, there came hail and fire, mixed with blood, which fell on the earth. And a third of the earth was burned up with a third of the trees and the green grass.
8. When the second angel blew his trumpet, something like a great mountain was thrown into the sea, and a third of the sea was turned into blood.
9. At once, a third of the living creatures in the sea died and a third of the ships perished.
10. When the third angel sounded his trumpet, a great star fell from heaven, like a ball of fire, on a third of the rivers and springs.
11. The star is called Wormwood, and a third of the waters was turned into wormwood and many people died because of the water which had turned bitter.
12. The fourth angel blew his trumpet, and a third of the sun, the moon and the stars was affected. Daylight decreased one third, and the light at night as well.
13. And my vision continued: I noticed an eagle flying through the highest heaven and crying with a loud voice, "Woe, woe, woe to the inhabitants of the land when the last three angels sound their trumpets."