1. Unto the end. A Psalm of David.
2. I trust in the Lord. How can you say to my soul, “Sojourn to the mountain, like a sparrow.”
3. For behold, the sinners have bent their bow. They have prepared their arrows in the quiver, so as to shoot arrows in the dark at the upright of heart.
4. For they have destroyed the things that you have completed. But what has the just one done?
5. The Lord is in his holy temple. The Lord’s throne is in heaven. His eyes look upon the poor. His eyelids question the sons of men.
6. The Lord questions the just and the impious. Yet he who loves iniquity, hates his own soul.
7. He will rain down snares upon sinners. Fire and brimstone and windstorms will be the portion of their cup.
8. For the Lord is just, and he has chosen justice. His countenance has beheld equity.