1. And I lifted up my eyes, and saw, and behold a man, with a measuring line in his hand.
2. And I said: Whither goest thou? and he said to me: To measure Jerusalem, and to see how great is the breadth thereof, and how great the length thereof.
3. And behold the angel that spoke in me went forth, and another angel went out to meet him.
4. And he said to him: Run, speak to this young man, saying: Jerusalem shall be inhabited without walls, by reason of the multitude of men, and of the beasts in the midst thereof.
5. And I will be to it, saith the Lord, a wall of fire round about: and I will be in glory in the midst thereof.
6. O, O flee ye out of the land of the north, saith the Lord, for I have scattered you into the four winds of heaven, saith the Lord.
7. O Sion, flee, thou that dwellest with the daughter of Babylon:
8. For thus saith the Lord of hosts: After the glory he hath sent me to the nations that have robbed you: for he that toucheth you, toucheth the apple of my eye:
9. For behold I lift up my hand upon them, and they shall be a prey to those that served them: and you shall know that the Lord of hosts sent me.
10. Sing praise, and rejoice, O daughter of Sion: for behold I come, and I will dwell in the midst of thee: saith the Lord.
11. And many nations shall be joined to the Lord in that day, and they shall be my people, and I will dwell in the midst of thee: and thou shalt know that the Lord of hosts hath sent me to thee.
12. And the Lord shall possess Juda his portion in the sanctified land: and he shall yet choose Jerusalem.
13. Let all flesh be silent at the presence of the Lord: for he is risen up out of his .holy habitation.