1. This is the blessing that Moses gave to the children of Israel before he died. He said:
2. "Yahweh has come from Sinai; he rises above the horizon of Seir for his people. He has shone from Mount Paran; he has come to Meribah of Kadesh for them; his midday radiance has reached Ashdot.
3. Yahweh loves these tribes and his hand protects his holy ones; they bow before his feet, waiting for his teaching.
5. He came to Israel as king, and made himself the inheritance of the children of Israel when the leaders assembled and the tribes of Israel gathered together.
6. Let Reuben live and not die, nor let his men be few."
7. This is the blessing for Judah: "Listen, Yahweh, to the voice of Judah, and let him be with his people. His hands will fight for him and will help him against his opponents."
8. He said of Levi: "You have given, O Yahweh, your Thummim and Urim to him who loves you, whom you tested at Massah and reproached at Meribah.
9. He said to his parents 'I do not know you,' and disowned his brothers and sisters and children. He has observed your words and kept your Covenant.
10. They teach Jacob your decrees, Israel your Law. They offer you incense and make sacrifices on your altar.
11. Bless, O Yahweh, his courage and accept his service. Strike the back of his foes, that his enemies may not rise against him anymore."
12. He said of Benjamin: "Beloved of Yahweh, you put your trust in him who protects you, and you dwell in his hills."
13. He said to Joseph: "Your land has received the blessings of Yahweh, the dew from heaven and the waters that gush forth from the deep,
14. the sun-ripened fruits and the liberal produce of the months,
15. the best of the ancient mountains and the everlasting hills, the generous land and all that is in it.
16. May the blessing of him who arose in the bush descend upon the head of Joseph, for he is the chosen one among his brothers.
17. Joseph is his firstling bull, glory to him! His horns are those of a wild ox, with which he strikes all the people at the same time. See the multitudes of Ephraim, and the thousands of Manasseh!"
18. He said to Zebulun: "Rejoice, Zebulun, when you journey. Rejoice, Issachar, in your tents.
19. They call the peoples to the sacred mountain for the prescribed sacrifices. They enjoy the riches of the sea and the hidden treasures of the sand."
20. He said of Gad: "Blessed be he who enlarges Gad. Like a lioness, he couches and tears the arm and head.
21. He chooses the best part, the part reserved for the leader. He has led the people. He has fulfilled the justice of Yahweh and his decisions in favor of Israel."
22. He said of Dan: "Dan is a lion's cub that leaps forth from Bashan."
23. He said of Naphtali: "Naphtali is filled with favors, filled with the blessing of Yahweh. May your land reach to the south and to the sea!"
24. He said of Asher: "May Asher be blessed among the sons. May he be preferred to his brothers and let him put his feet in oil.
25. May his fastening bars be iron and bronze. May you be strong as long as you live.
26. There is none like our God, O Israel, who walks above the heavens, riding above the clouds, and comes to help you in his zeal.
27. The eternal God is a refuge; from eternity he frees you with his arm. He drives your enemy away before you and says to you: 'Destroy him.'
28. Israel dwells in safety. The fountain of Jacob flows in the land of wheat and wine, and dew comes from heaven.
29. Happy are you, O Israel! Who is like you, a people saved by Yahweh? He is the shield that protects you, the sword that gives you victory! Your enemies shall flee from you, but you, you are outstanding in everything."