1. Then Job answered:
2. "How you have helped him who has no power! How you have saved the arm that has no strength!
3. How you have counseled him who has no wisdom, and plentifully declared sound knowledge!
4. With whose help have you uttered words, and whose spirit has come forth from you?
5. The shades below tremble, the waters and their inhabitants.
6. Sheol is naked before God, and Abaddon has no covering.
7. He stretches out the north over the void, and hangs the earth upon nothing.
8. He binds up the waters in his thick clouds, and the cloud is not rent under them.
9. He covers the face of the moon, and spreads over it his cloud.
10. He has described a circle upon the face of the waters at the boundary between light and darkness.
11. The pillars of heaven tremble, and are astounded at his rebuke.
12. By his power he stilled the sea; by his understanding he smote Rahab.
13. By his wind the heavens were made fair; his hand pierced the fleeing serpent.
14. Lo, these are but the outskirts of his ways; and how small a whisper do we hear of him! But the thunder of his power who can understand?"