1. Then he showed me the river of life, clear as crystal, gushing from the throne of God and of the Lamb.
2. In the middle of the city, on both sides of the river are the trees of life producing fruit twelve times, once each month, the leaves of which are for healing the nations.
3. No longer will there be a curse; the throne of God and of the Lamb will be in the City and God's servants will live in his presence.
4. They will see his face and his name will be on their foreheads.
5. There will be no more night. They will not need the light of lamp or sun for God himself will be their light and they will reign forever.
6. Then the angel said to me, "These words are sure and true; the Lord God who inspires the prophets has sent his angel to show his servants what must happen soon."
7. "I am coming soon! Happy are those who keep the prophetic words of this book."
8. I, John, saw and heard all this. When I had seen and heard them I fell at the feet of the angel who had shown me everything, to worship him.
9. But he said, "No, I am a fellow servant like you and your brothers, the prophets, and those who heed the words of this book. It is God you must worship."
10. He then said to me, "Do not keep secret the prophetic words of this book because the time is near.
11. Let the sinner continue to sin and the defiled remain in his defilement; let the righteous continue to do what is right and he who is holy grow holier."
12. "I am coming soon, bringing with me the salary I will pay to each one according to his deeds.
13. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End."
14. Happy are those who wash their robes for they will have free access to the tree of Life and enter the city through the gates.
15. Outside are the dogs, sorcerers, the immoral, murderers, idolaters and all who take pleasure in falsehood!
16. "I, Jesus, sent my angel to make known to you these revelations concerning the Churches. I am the Shoot and Offspring of David, the radiant Morning Star."
17. The Spirit and the Bride say, "Come!" Whoever hears let him say, "Come!" Whoever thirsts let him approach, and whoever desires, let him freely take the water of life.
18. As for me, I warn everyone who hears the prophetic words of this book: If anyone adds anything to them, God will pile on him the plagues described in this book.
19. And if anyone takes away words from this book of prophecy, God will take from him his share in the tree of Life and the holy city described in this book.
20. He who has declared all this says, "Yes, I am coming soon." Amen! Come, Lord Jesus.
21. May the grace of the Lord Jesus be with you all -