1. But Baldad the Suhite responded by saying:
2. How long will you throw around words? Understand first, and then let us speak.
3. Why have we been treated like mules, as if we were unworthy before you?
4. You, who ruins your own soul in your fury, will the earth be forsaken because of you, and will the cliffs be moved from their place?
5. Will not the light of the impious be put out, and the flame of his fire refuse to shine?
6. Light will become darkness in his tabernacle, and the lamp that is over him will be extinguished.
7. His strong steps will be constrained, and his own counsel will cast him down uncontrollably.
8. For he has caused his own feet to go into a net, and he has walked into its web.
9. His heel will be held in a snare, and thirst will rage against him.
10. A trap has been hidden for him in the earth, and a decoy, along his path.
11. Horrifying things will terrify him everywhere and will entangle his feet.
12. Let his strength be diminished by famine, and let starvation invade his ribs.
13. Let it devour the beauty of his skin; let the ancient death consume his arms.
14. Let his confidence be torn away from his tabernacle, and let ruin trample over him like a king.
15. Let the companions of he who is not, dwell in his tabernacle; let brimstone rain down upon his tabernacle.
16. Let his roots be dried up from beneath him, and his harvest be crushed from above.
17. Let the memory of him perish from the earth, and let not his name be celebrated in the streets.
18. He will expel him from light into darkness, and he will remove him from the world.
19. Neither his offspring, nor his descendents, will exist among his people, nor will there be any remnants in his country.
20. The last will be astonished at his day, and the first will be overcome with horror.
21. And so, these are the tabernacles of the sinful, and this the place of he who does not know God.