1. “But at that time Michael will rise up, the great leader, who stands up for the sons of your people. And a time will come, such as has not been from the time that nations began, even until that time. And, at that time, your people will be saved, all who will be found written in the book.
2. And many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth will awaken: some to everlasting life, and others to a reproach that they will always see.
3. But those who have taught will shine like the brightness of the firmament, and those who instruct many towards justice, like the stars for unending eternity.
4. But you, Daniel, close the message and seal the book, until the established time. Many will pass through, and knowledge will be increased.”
5. And I, Daniel, looked, and behold, similarly two others stood up, one over here, on the bank of the river, and the other over there, on the other bank of the river.
6. And I said to the man, who was clothed in linen, who stood over the waters of the river, “How long will it be until the end of these wonders?”
7. And I heard the man, who was clothed in linen, who stood over the waters of the river, when he had lifted his right hand and his left hand up to heaven, and had sworn by He who lives forever, that it would be for a time, and times, and half a time. And when the dispersion of the hand of the holy people is completed, all these things will be completed.
8. And I heard and did not understand. And I said, “My lord, what will be after these things?”
9. And he said, “Go, Daniel, for the words are closed and sealed until the predetermined time.
10. Many will be chosen and purified, and, as if by fire, they will be tested, and the impious will act impiously, and none of the impious will understand, yet the teachers will understand.
11. And from the time when the continual sacrifice will be taken away and the abomination of desolation will be set up, there will be one thousand two hundred ninety days.
12. Blessed is he who waits and reaches until one thousand three hundred thirty-five days.
13. But you, go, until the predetermined time, and you will rest and will stand in your allotted place at the end of days.