1. Above all else, it is being said that there is fornication among you, even fornication of a such kind that is not among the Gentiles, so that someone would have the wife of his father.
2. And yet you are inflated, and you have not instead been grieved, so that he who has done this thing would be taken away from your midst.
3. Certainly, though absent in body, I am present in spirit. Thus, I have already judged, as if I were present, him who has done this.
4. In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, you have been gathered together with my spirit, in the power of our Lord Jesus,
5. to hand over such a one as this to Satan, for the destruction of the flesh, so that the spirit may be saved in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.
6. It is not good for you to glory. Do you not know that a little leaven corrupts the entire mass?
7. Purge the old leaven, so that you may become the new bread, for you are unleavened. For Christ, our Passover, has now been immolated.
8. And so, let us feast, not with the old leaven, not with the leaven of malice and wickedness, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.
9. As I have written to you in an epistle: “Do not associate with fornicators,”
10. certainly not with the fornicators of this world, nor with the greedy, nor with robbers, nor with the servants of idolatry. Otherwise, you ought to depart from this world.
11. But now I have written to you: do not associate with anyone who is called a brother and yet is a fornicator, or greedy, or a servant of idolatry, or a slanderer, or inebriated, or a robber. With such a one as this, do not even take food.
12. For what have I to do with judging those who are outside? But do not even you yourselves judge those who are inside?
13. For those who are outside, God will judge. But send this evil person away from yourselves.