1. Again I raised my eyes, and this is what I saw: four chariots coming out between two mountains, and the mountains were mountains of bronze.
2. The first chariot had red horses, the second chariot had black horses,
3. the third chariot had white horses and the fourth chariot had vigorous, piebald horses.
4. I asked the angel who was talking to me, 'What are these, my lord?'
5. The angel replied, 'They are the four winds of heaven now leaving, after attending the Lord of the whole world.
6. The black horses are leaving for the land of the north; the white are following them, and the piebald are leaving for the land of the south.'
7. They came out vigorously, eager to patrol the world. He said to them, 'Go and patrol the world.' And they patrolled the world.
8. He called to me and said, 'Look, the ones going to the land of the north brought my spirit to rest on the land of the north.'
9. Then the word of Yahweh was addressed to me as follows,
10. 'Collect silver and gold from the exiles, from Heldai, Tobijah and Jedaiah, then (you yourself go the same day) go to the house of Josiah son of Zephaniah, who has arrived from Babylon.
11. Then, taking the silver and gold, make a crown and place it on the head of the high priest Joshua son of Jehozadak.
12. And say this to him, "Yahweh Sabaoth says this: Here is a man whose name is Branch; where he is, there will be a branching out (and he will rebuild Yahweh's sanctuary).
13. Yes, he is the one who will rebuild Yahweh's sanctuary; he will wear the royal insignia and sit on his throne and govern, with a priest on his right. Perfect peace will reign between these two.
14. And the crown will serve Heldai, Tobijah, Jedaiah and the son of Zephaniah as a memorial of favour in Yahweh's sanctuary.
15. And those now far away will come and work on the building of Yahweh's sanctuary." 'Then you will know that Yahweh Sabaoth has sent me to you. It will happen if you diligently obey the voice of Yahweh your God.'