1. The kings of the country, whom the Israelites conquered and whose territory they took, on the further, eastern side of the Jordan, from the Wadi Arnon to Mount Hermon, with the entire Arabah to the east, were as follows:
2. Sihon king of the Amorites, who lived at Heshbon, ruled from Aroer which is on the edge of the Arnon Valley, including the bottom of the valley, half Gilead and as far as the Jabbok, the river forming the frontier with the Ammonites;
3. the eastern Arabah up to the Sea of Chinneroth, and as far as the Sea of the Arabah, or Salt Sea, on the eastern side, in the direction of Beth-Jeshimoth, and, in the south, the watered foothills of Mount Pisgah.
4. Og king of Bashan, one of the last of the Rephaim, who lived at Ashtaroth and Edrei,
5. ruled over Mount Hermon and Salecah, the whole of Bashan to the frontier of the Geshurites and Maacathites, and half Gilead to the frontier of Sihon king of Heshbon.
6. Moses, servant of Yahweh, and the Israelites conquered these, and Moses, servant of Yahweh, conferred their territory on the Reubenites, the Gadites and the half-tribe of Manasseh.
7. The kings of the country whom Joshua and the Israelites conquered on the nearer, western side of the Jordan, from Baal-Gad in the Vale of Lebanon to Mount Halak rising towards Seir, and whose heritage Joshua distributed to the tribes of Israel, dividing it up between them, were as follows:
8. In the highlands and the lowlands, in the Arabah and in the watered foothills, in the desert and in the Negeb, belonging to the Hittites, the Amorites, the Canaanites, the Perizzites, the Hivites and the Jebusites:
9. the king of Jericho, one; the king of Ai near Bethel, one;
10. the king of Jerusalem, one; the king of Hebron, one;
11. the king of Jarmuth, one; the king of Lachish, one;
12. the king of Eglon, one; the king of Gezer, one;
13. the king of Debir, one; the king of Geder, one;
14. the king of Hormah, one; the king of Arad, one;
15. the king of Libnah, one; the king of Adullam, one;
16. the king of Makkedah, one; the king of Bethel, one;
17. the king of Tappuah, one; the king of Hepher, one;
18. the king of Aphek, one; the king of Sharon, one;
19. the king of Merom, one; the king of Hazor, one;
20. the king of Shimron Meron, one; the king of Achshaph, one;
21. the king of Taanach, one; the king of Megiddo, one;
22. the king of Kedesh, one; the king of Jokneam in Carmel, one;
23. the king of Dor, on the Slopes of Dor, one; the king of the nations in Galilee, one;
24. the king of Tirzah, one; Total number of all these kings: thirty-one.