1. Again I lifted my eyes and saw, and behold, a flying scroll!
2. And he said to me, "What do you see?" I answered, "I see a flying scroll; its length is twenty cubits, and its breadth ten cubits."
3. Then he said to me, "This is the curse that goes out over the face of the whole land; for every one who steals shall be cut off henceforth according to it, and every one who swears falsely shall be cut off henceforth according to it.
4. I will send it forth, says the LORD of hosts, and it shall enter the house of the thief, and the house of him who swears falsely by my name; and it shall abide in his house and consume it, both timber and stones."
5. Then the angel who talked with me came forward and said to me, "Lift your eyes, and see what this is that goes forth."
6. And I said, "What is it?" He said, "This is the ephah that goes forth." And he said, "This is their iniquity in all the land."
7. And behold, the leaden cover was lifted, and there was a woman sitting in the ephah!
8. And he said, "This is Wickedness." And he thrust her back into the ephah, and thrust down the leaden weight upon its mouth.
9. Then I lifted my eyes and saw, and behold, two women coming forward! The wind was in their wings; they had wings like the wings of a stork, and they lifted up the ephah between earth and heaven.
10. Then I said to the angel who talked with me, "Where are they taking the ephah?"
11. He said to me, "To the land of Shinar, to build a house for it; and when this is prepared, they will set the ephah down there on its base."