1. After this I heard what seemed to be the great sound of a huge crowd in heaven, singing, 'Alleluia! Salvation and glory and power to our God!
2. He judges fairly, he punishes justly, and he has condemned the great prostitute who corrupted the earth with her prostitution; he has avenged the blood of his servants which she shed.'
3. And again they sang, 'Alleluia! The smoke of her will rise for ever and ever.'
4. Then the twenty-four elders and the four living creatures threw themselves down and worshipped God seated on his throne, and they cried, 'Amen, Alleluia.'
5. Then a voice came from the throne; it said, 'Praise our God, you servants of his and those who fear him, small and great alike.'
6. And I heard what seemed to be the voices of a huge crowd, like the sound of the ocean or the great roar of thunder, answering, 'Alleluia! The reign of the Lord our God Almighty has begun;
7. let us be glad and joyful and give glory to God, because this is the time for the marriage of the Lamb.
8. His bride is ready, and she has been able to dress herself in dazzling white linen, because her linen is made of the good deeds of the saints.'
9. The angel said, 'Write this, "Blessed are those who are invited to the wedding feast of the Lamb," ' and he added, 'These words of God are true.'
10. Then I knelt at his feet to worship him, but he said to me, 'Never do that: I am your fellow-servant and the fellow-servant of all your brothers who have in themselves the witness of Jesus. God alone you must worship.' The witness of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.
11. And now I saw heaven open, and a white horse appear; its rider was called Trustworthy and True; in uprightness he judges and makes war.
12. His eyes were flames of fire, and he was crowned with many coronets; the name written on him was known only to himself,
13. his cloak was soaked in blood. He is known by the name, The Word of God.
14. Behind him, dressed in linen of dazzling white, rode the armies of heaven on white horses.
15. From his mouth came a sharp sword with which to strike the unbelievers; he is the one who will rule them with an iron sceptre, and tread out the wine of Almighty God's fierce retribution.
16. On his cloak and on his thigh a name was written: King of kings and Lord of lords.
17. I saw an angel standing in the sun, and he shouted aloud to all the birds that were flying high overhead in the sky, 'Come here. Gather together at God's great feast.
18. You will eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of great generals and heroes, the flesh of horses and their riders and of all kinds of people, citizens and slaves, small and great alike.'
19. Then I saw the beast, with all the kings of the earth and their armies, gathered together to fight the Rider and his army.
20. But the beast was taken prisoner, together with the false prophet who had worked miracles on the beast's behalf and by them had deceived those who had accepted branding with the mark of the beast and those who had worshipped his statue. These two were hurled alive into the fiery lake of burning sulphur.
21. All the rest were killed by the sword of the Rider, which came out of his mouth, and all the birds glutted themselves with their flesh.