1. And the word of the Lord came to me, saying:
2. “Son of man, set your face against mount Seir, and you shall prophesy about it, and you shall say to it:
3. Thus says the Lord God: Behold, I am against you, mount Seir, and I will extend my hand over you, and I will make you desolate and deserted.
4. I will tear down your cities, and you will be deserted. And you shall know that I am the Lord.
5. For you have been a continual adversary, and you have enclosed the sons of Israel, by the hands of the sword, in the time of their affliction, in the time of extreme iniquity.
6. Because of this, as I live, says the Lord God, I will hand you over to blood, and blood will pursue you. Even though you have hated blood, blood will pursue you.
7. And I will make mount Seir desolate and deserted. And I will take away from it the one who departs and the one who returns.
8. And I will fill up its mountains with its slain. In your hills, and in your valleys, as well as in your torrents, the slain will fall by the sword.
9. I will hand you over to everlasting desolations, and your cities will not be inhabited. And you shall know that I am the Lord God.
10. For you have said, ‘Two nations and two lands will be mine, and I will possess them as an inheritance,’ though the Lord was in that place.
11. Because of this, as I live, says the Lord God, I will act in accord with your own wrath, and in accord with your own zeal, by which you have acted with hatred toward them. And I will be made known by them, when I will have judged you.
12. And you shall know that I, the Lord, have heard all your disgraces, which you have spoken about the mountains of Israel, saying: ‘They are deserted. They have been given to us to devour.’
13. And you rose up against me with your mouth, and you disparaged against me with your words. I have heard.
14. Thus says the Lord God: When the whole earth will rejoice, I will reduce you to solitude.
15. Just as you have rejoiced over the inheritance of the house of Israel, when it was laid waste, so will I act toward you. You will be laid waste, O mount Seir, with all of Idumea. And they shall know that I am the Lord.”