1. The word of the LORD came to me:
2. "Son of man, say to the prince of Tyre, Thus says the Lord GOD: "Because your heart is proud, and you have said, `I am a god, I sit in the seat of the gods, in the heart of the seas,' yet you are but a man, and no god, though you consider yourself as wise as a god --
3. you are indeed wiser than Daniel; no secret is hidden from you;
4. by your wisdom and your understanding you have gotten wealth for yourself, and have gathered gold and silver into your treasuries;
5. by your great wisdom in trade you have increased your wealth, and your heart has become proud in your wealth --
6. therefore thus says the Lord GOD: "Because you consider yourself as wise as a god,
7. therefore, behold, I will bring strangers upon you, the most terrible of the nations; and they shall draw their swords against the beauty of your wisdom and defile your splendor.
8. They shall thrust you down into the Pit, and you shall die the death of the slain in the heart of the seas.
9. Will you still say, `I am a god,' in the presence of those who slay you, though you are but a man, and no god, in the hands of those who wound you?
10. You shall die the death of the uncircumcised by the hand of foreigners; for I have spoken, says the Lord GOD."
11. Moreover the word of the LORD came to me:
12. "Son of man, raise a lamentation over the king of Tyre, and say to him, Thus says the Lord GOD: "You were the signet of perfection, full of wisdom and perfect in beauty.
13. You were in Eden, the garden of God; every precious stone was your covering, carnelian, topaz, and jasper, chrysolite, beryl, and onyx, sapphire, carbuncle, and emerald; and wrought in gold were your settings and your engravings. On the day that you were created they were prepared.
14. With an anointed guardian cherub I placed you; you were on the holy mountain of God; in the midst of the stones of fire you walked.
15. You were blameless in your ways from the day you were created, till iniquity was found in you.
16. In the abundance of your trade you were filled with violence, and you sinned; so I cast you as a profane thing from the mountain of God, and the guardian cherub drove you out from the midst of the stones of fire.
17. Your heart was proud because of your beauty; you corrupted your wisdom for the sake of your splendor. I cast you to the ground; I exposed you before kings, to feast their eyes on you.
18. By the multitude of your iniquities, in the unrighteousness of your trade you profaned your sanctuaries; so I brought forth fire from the midst of you; it consumed you, and I turned you to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all who saw you.
19. All who know you among the peoples are appalled at you; you have come to a dreadful end and shall be no more for ever."
20. The word of the LORD came to me:
21. "Son of man, set your face toward Sidon, and prophesy against her
22. and say, Thus says the Lord GOD: "Behold, I am against you, O Sidon, and I will manifest my glory in the midst of you. And they shall know that I am the LORD when I execute judgments in her, and manifest my holiness in her;
23. for I will send pestilence into her, and blood into her streets; and the slain shall fall in the midst of her, by the sword that is against her on every side. Then they will know that I am the LORD.
24. "And for the house of Israel there shall be no more a brier to prick or a thorn to hurt them among all their neighbors who have treated them with contempt. Then they will know that I am the Lord GOD.
25. "Thus says the Lord GOD: When I gather the house of Israel from the peoples among whom they are scattered, and manifest my holiness in them in the sight of the nations, then they shall dwell in their own land which I gave to my servant Jacob.
26. And they shall dwell securely in it, and they shall build houses and plant vineyards. They shall dwell securely, when I execute judgments upon all their neighbors who have treated them with contempt. Then they will know that I am the LORD their God."