1. Therefore, let us be on our guard while the promise of entering into his rest remains, that none of you seem to have failed.
2. For in fact we have received the good news just as they did. But the word that they heard did not profit them, for they were not united in faith with those who listened.
3. For we who believed enter into (that) rest, just as he has said: "As I swore in my wrath, 'They shall not enter into my rest,'" and yet his works were accomplished at the foundation of the world.
4. For he has spoken somewhere about the seventh day in this manner, "And God rested on the seventh day from all his works";
5. and again, in the previously mentioned place, "They shall not enter into my rest."
6. Therefore, since it remains that some will enter into it, and those who formerly received the good news did not enter because of disobedience,
7. he once more set a day, "today," when long afterwards he spoke through David, as already quoted: "Oh, that today you would hear his voice: 'Harden not your hearts.'"
8. Now if Joshua had given them rest, he would not have spoken afterwards of another day.
9. Therefore, a sabbath rest still remains for the people of God.
10. And whoever enters into God's rest, rests from his own works as God did from his.
11. Therefore, let us strive to enter into that rest, so that no one may fall after the same example of disobedience.
12. Indeed, the word of God is living and effective, sharper than any two-edged sword, penetrating even between soul and spirit, joints and marrow, and able to discern reflections and thoughts of the heart.
13. No creature is concealed from him, but everything is naked and exposed to the eyes of him to whom we must render an account.
14. Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus, the Son of God, let us hold fast to our confession.
15. For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who has similarly been tested in every way, yet without sin.
16. So let us confidently approach the throne of grace to receive mercy and to find grace for timely help.