1. "You shall make an altar of acacia wood, on a square, five cubits long and five cubits wide; it shall be three cubits high.
2. At the four corners there are to be horns, so made that they spring directly from the altar. You shall then plate it with bronze.
3. Make pots for removing the ashes, as well as shovels, basins, forks and fire pans, all of which shall be of bronze.
4. Make a grating of bronze network for it; this to have four bronze rings, one at each of its four corners.
5. Put it down around the altar, on the ground. This network is to be half as high as the altar.
6. You shall also make poles of acacia wood for the altar, and plate them with bronze.
7. These poles are to be put through the rings, so that they are on either side of the altar when it is carried.
8. Make the altar itself in the form of a hollow box, just as it was shown you on the mountain.
9. "You shall also make a court for the Dwelling. On the south side the court shall have hangings a hundred cubits long, woven of fine linen twined,
10. with twenty columns and twenty pedestals of bronze; the hooks and bands on the columns shall be of silver.
11. On the north side there shall be similar hangings, a hundred cubits long, with twenty columns and twenty pedestals of bronze; the hooks and bands on the columns shall be of silver.
12. On the west side, across the width of the court, there shall be hangings, fifty cubits long, with ten columns and ten pedestals.
13. The width of the court on the east side shall be fifty cubits.
14. On one side there shall be hangings to the extent of fifteen cubits, with three columns and three pedestals;
15. on the other side there shall be hangings to the extent of fifteen cubits, with three columns and three pedestals.
16. "At the entrance of the court there shall be a variegated curtain, twenty cubits long, woven of violet, purple and scarlet yarn and of fine linen twined. It shall have four columns and four pedestals.
17. "All the columns around the court shall have bands and hooks of silver, and pedestals of bronze.
18. The enclosure of the court is to be one hundred cubits long, fifty cubits wide, and five cubits high. Fine linen twined must be used, and the pedestals must be of bronze.
19. All the fittings of the Dwelling, whatever be their use, as well as all its tent pegs and all the tent pegs of the court, must be of bronze.
20. "You shall order the Israelites to bring you clear oil of crushed olives, to be used for the light, so that you may keep lamps burning regularly.
21. From evening to morning Aaron and his sons shall maintain them before the LORD in the meeting tent, outside the veil which hangs in front of the commandments. This shall be a perpetual ordinance for the Israelites throughout their generations.