1. [For the choirmaster Poem Of the sons of Korah] As a deer yearns for running streams, so I yearn for you, my God.
2. I thirst for God, the living God; when shall I go to see the face of God?
3. I have no food but tears day and night, as all day long I am taunted, 'Where is your God?'
4. This I remember as I pour out my heart, how I used to pass under the roof of the Most High used to go to the house of God, among cries of joy and praise, the sound of the feast.
5. Why be so downcast, why all these sighs? Hope in God! I will praise him still, my Saviour,
6. my God. When I am downcast I think of you: from the land of Jordan and Hermon, I think of you, humble mountain.
7. Deep is calling to deep by the roar of your cataracts, all your waves and breakers have rolled over me.
8. In the daytime God sends his faithful love, and even at night; the song it inspires in me is a prayer to my living God.
9. I shall say to God, my rock, 'Why have you forgotten me? Why must I go around in mourning, harrassed by the enemy?'
10. With death in my bones, my enemies taunt me, all day long they ask me, 'Where is your God?'
11. Why so downcast, why all these sighs? Hope in God! I will praise him still, my Saviour, my God.