1. I raised my eyes and saw four horns.
2. I asked the angel who spoke to me what these were, and he answered, "These horns are the nations that scattered Judah and Jerusalem."
3. Yahweh then showed me four blacksmiths, and I asked, "What are they coming to do?"
4. He answered, "Here are the horns that scattered Judah so that no one dared raise his head. But these blacksmiths have come to strike down the power of the nations that scattered the people of Judah."
5. Raising my eyes again, I saw a man with a measuring line in his hand. I asked, "Where are you going?"
6. He answered, "I'm going to measure Jerusalem, to find its width and its length."
7. As the angel who spoke to me came forward, another angel met him
8. and said, "Run and tell this to that young man: 'Jerusalem will remain unwalled because of its multitude of people and livestock.'
9. For this is the word of Yahweh: I myself will be around her like a wall of fire, and also within her in Glory."
10. "Come, come! Flee from the land of the north," says Yahweh to all those whom he scattered to the four winds of heaven.
11. "Come, escape O Zion, you who dwell in Babylon."
12. For thus Yahweh Sabaoth says, after his Glory sent me to condemn the nations that have plundered you, "Whoever touches you touches the apple of my eye.
13. Look, I will raise my hand against those nations, and they will be plundered by their slaves." Thus you will know that Yahweh Sabaoth has sent me.
14. "Sing and rejoice, O daughter of Zion, for I am about to come, I shall dwell among you," says Yahweh.
15. "On that day, many nations will join Yahweh and be my people, but my dwelling is among you."
16. The people of Judah will be for Yahweh as his portion in his holy land. He will choose Jerusalem again.
17. Keep still in Yahweh's presence, for he comes, having risen from his holy dwelling."