1. These are the kings of the country whom the Israelites defeated, taking their land beyond the Jordan eastward, from the valley of Arnon to Mount Hermon, including all the lowland.
2. Sihon, king of the Amorites, who lived at Heshbon, and ruled from Aroer, which is on the edge of the Arnon (the border was at the middle of the valley), as far as the Jabbok river, that was the boundary with the Ammonites.
3. To him belonged half of Gilead and the lowland from the east side of the Lake of Chinneroth to the Beth-jeshimot road, on the east side of the sea of the lowland, that is the Salt Sea, at the foot of the slopes of Pisgah.
4. Og, king of Bashan, one of the survivors of the Rephaim, who lived at Ashtaroth and Edrei,
5. ruled over Mount Hermon, Salecah and all Bashan to the boundary of the Geshurites and Macathites, and over half of Gilead beyond the land of Sihon, king of Heshbon.
6. Moses, the servant of Yahweh, with the Israelites, defeated them and Moses gave their land to the Reubenites, the Gadites and half the tribe of Mannaseh as their inheritance.
7. Now these are the kings of the country whom Joshua and the Israelites defeated on the west side of the Jordan, from Baalgad, in the valley of Lebanon, to Mount Halak rising toward Seir. This is the land that Joshua divided among the tribes of Israel:
8. the hill country and the lowlands, the Arabah, the hillsides, the wilderness and the Negeb. This land had belonged to the Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites. And these were the defeated kings:
9. king of Jericho, king of Ai near Bethel.
10. king of Jerusalem, king of Hebron.
11. king of Jarmuth, king of Lachish.
12. king of Eglon, king of Gezer.
13. king of Debir, king of Geder.
14. king of Hormah, king of Arad.
15. king of Libnah, king of Adullam.
16. king of Makkedah, king of Bethel.
17. king of Tappuah, king of Hepher.
18. king of Aphek, king of Sharon.
19. king of Madon, king of Hazor.
20. king of Symoon, king of Achshaph.
21. king of Taanach, king of Megiddo.
22. king of Kedesh, king of Jokneam in Carmel.
23. king of Dor on the hillsides of Dor. king of Goiim in Galilee,
24. and king of Tirzah. Total number of all these kings: thirty-one.