1. From the barren plain of Moab, Moses went up to Mount Nebo, to the summit of Pisgah, opposite Jericho. And Yahweh showed him all the Land: from Gilead to Dan,
2. the whole of Naphtali, the land of Ephraim, and of Manasseh, the whole land of Judah, as far as the Western Sea,
3. the Negeb, the Plains, the valley of Jericho, the city of palm trees, as far as Zoar.
4. And Yahweh said to him: "This is the land about which I swore to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, promising it to their descendants. I have let you see it with your own eyes, but you shall not enter it."
5. Moses, the servant of God, died there in the land of Moab, according to the will of Yahweh.
6. They buried him in the valley in the land of Moab opposite Beth-peor; but to this very day, no one knows where his tomb is.
7. Moses was a hundred and twenty years old when he died. He did not lose his vigor and his eyes still saw clearly.
8. The children of Israel mourned for him in the plains of Moab for thirty days.
9. But Joshua, son of Nun, was full of the spirit of wisdom because Moses had laid his hands upon him. The children of Israel obeyed him and did as Yahweh had commanded Moses.
10. No prophet like Moses has appeared again. Yahweh conversed with him face to face.
11. What signs and wonders he worked in Egypt against Pharaoh, against his people and all his land!
12. What a powerful hand was his that worked these terrible things in the sight of all Israel!